“From all that dwell below the skies, let the Creator’s praise arise” – Ps. 117.
Welcome to the end of 1st term to the preparation of a new term. Though, a new term can be exciting, yet 2014 records investment in the human capital development of each student in the system, through (1) Orientation and induction for transfer/new students (2) personalized conferences with JS 3 and SS 3 respectively,(3) Inter-House Sport Preparation (4) Carol services of 9 lessons and end of Year party (5) Art Contest and musical Band training (6) Writing competition where the Head girl Sangofadeji become 1st in Oyo State and came 2nd nationally with Cash prize of N100,000.
Bodija International College is a school that empowers students to become asset to the community. Our students are rightly initiated into the Technology, Engineering world and Science Art.
Entrance Examination for 2015.
Admission into year 7 (JSS 1) and year 10 (SS 1) takes place on 7th March, 2015, 13th June 2015 and 14th August, 2015 in the College at 10:00am. Tell friends and associate to purchase forms earlier.
London Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
Registration exercise is now in progress. Intensive IGCSE classes have started for SS3 class of 2015 though, SS1 and SS 2 students can enjoy tuition until their registration in their respective examination years with just a token. Kindly see the Bursary unit, if interested.
JSCE, SSCE (WAEC & NECO) Oyo State conducted Examinations
West African School Certificate Examinations will start early in 2015, therefore, the College will use all available seasons to teach and revise with the students till the examination. SS 3 and JSS 3 students will not have break except for election (and government policy) until after final examinations. All Saturdays will be used for revision classes. Parents should please co-operate and monitor their children; so that, they will not be left roaming the streets without cover and protection.
There will be leadership training course; an excursion on leadership skills at Sea School, Oceanography Maritime Academy in Lagos for all SS 2 students except those who have ill health and those who are not medically next term, kindly see the bursar for booking.
Tips for Parents
- Go over the routine, if the holiday routine has been relaxed, and then it is time to remind the children how a typical school day goes. If needed, start enforcing a reasonable bed time now because, they might find it hard waking up early again after a long Christmas holiday.
- Incorporate a little school work into a child’s daily schedule, using workbooks or worksheets to help revive their reading and studying habit again.
- Talk about goals. Goal setting can be a power tool. Talk with your children about the things that they would like to accomplish or change in the new term.
- Get in the right mindset. Talk positively about the 2nd term (a term of improvement, and the good things to come in New Year 2015). You can remind your children of the best parts of School and also that you are always available to help them solve problem when issues arise. You too can test your child in organizing memory, word finding items finding- (visual) reading, spelling and calculia, listening skills (audio). Teach your child healthy ways of managing anger and frustration, be a good role model by handling your own in a calm manner.
- Parent should work with children in goal setting. Students who do best in school have both short and long term goals in getting ‘A’s or in preparing to become career persons.
Parents should set aside time for home work and each day study guide by following reading time table.
Allow children to discuss what they have read with you and allow them to do self-recitation, it aids easy recalling. Note that environment, where they study is vital to assimilation.
Law and Punctuality
Cell phones and all sundry electronics gadgets are contraband in school, any student caught with such items will be severely punished and such items confiscated.
Our school attendance law requires parents to punctually send their children to school and they should correct and discipline children when necessary. A teacher may discipline a child in school acting “in loco parentis”.
School Lunch Program
The school lunch program provides warm nourishing lunch to students who pay for the meals at just N15,000. Good food promotes good concentration. Plug in your child to our meal chart.
We appreciate parents who have been consistent at prompt payment. We look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship that will not disadvantage any child.
All fees should be paid by the resumption week to any branch of G.T. Bank and clearance obtained from the bursar upon presentation of the triplicate copy of the teller. Boarders must pay and present teller before resumption so as to gain entrance into the Hostel. All certificate students (SS 3 and JS 3 will be expected to pay 2nd and 3rd terms fee upon resumption in January, 2015. There will be extension classes for all JS 3 and SS 3 students and there will be no break of 2nd and 3rd term, to prepare them for all examinations. Lateness to school by Parents/ Guardians or drives will NOT be tolerated as this affects the child’s performance.
Carefully supervise your children when playing at home. Keep them away fro shoving, pushing or fighting.
All students are expected to appear in proper school uniform approved by the management, female students are to wear the approved hair styles while male students are to appear in low cut. Any student who violates this rule will be sent back home. The use of attachment and perming is not allowed.
SECOND TERM, JANUARY 2015
Resumption (Boarders) Sunday 4th January 2015
Resumption (All) Monday 5th January 2015
Leadership Training & Course (Sea Schl) February 2015
Mid Term Break Thur. 19th – Fri 20 Feb 2015
Resumption (Boarders) Sunday 22nd Feb. 2015
Resumption (All) Monday 23rd Feb. 2015
Prefectship Campaign & Election 26th February – 1st March 2015
Exams 13th – 21st March, 2015
Swearing-in of Prefects Wed. 1st April – Fri. 3rd 2015.
Career Day 6th April – 9th April, 2015
Vacation 10th April 2015
Useful Phone Numbers
Vice Principal – 08166061632, 08125145549
Head of Junior School – 08057679329
Assistant Head of Junior School – 08050927454
Head of Senior School – 08026475459
House Mother – 08037173090, 08025305893